Warranty Terms For Sales Made By Appliance Recycling Ltd
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WARRANTY VALID FOR HOUSEHOLD APPLIANCES SOLD BY APPLIANCE RECYCLING AND INSTALLED IN NEW ZEALAND
Please note that if you change your mind for any reason after sale has been agreed upon and goods paid for (whether goods have been uplifted or not from us) then under the consumer guarantees act we are not obligated to refund you in full or at all . If we do decide to refund you as a gesture of good faith we will deduct a 15% restock fee .
These products are covered by a warranty for a period specified on either this website, trademe auction or as verbally stated or listd on invoice from the date of purchase, subject to the following conditions (should the warranty period not be specified on Trademe or via any email by us or on the invoice then a default warranty of 3mths is applied )
*. The Warranty covers rectification free of charge of any fault arising from defective materials or components, or faulty workmanship or assembly.
* The conditions above mentioned are:
- That the purchaser carefully follows all instructions packed with the product;
- That the purchaser carefully follows the installation instructions provided and complies with electrical wiring regulations, gas and or plumbing codes;
- that the purchaser carefully follows instructions provided in the owner’s handbook relating to the proper use and care of the product and does not use the product for any purpose other than the domestic use for which it has been designed;
- All appliances being used in a non-residential (commercial or semi commercial) situation are covered by a 1 month warranty from the original date of purchase;
- That the product was purchased and installed in New Zealand;
6. that this warranty does not extend to:
- a) Optional glass lids for hobs apart from claims which relate to mechanical or physical damage thereof at the date of purchase;
- b) Light bulbs;
- c) Damage to ceramic glass caused by liquid or solid spillovers, lack of maintenance, or impact;
- d) Damage to surface coatings caused by cleaning or maintenance using products not recommended by the owner’s handbook;
- e) Defects caused by normal wear and tear, accident, negligence, alteration, misuse or incorrect installations;
- f) A product dismantled, repaired or serviced by any person(s) other than an authorized service repair agent that we specify and arrange;
- g) A product not in possession of the original purchaser and no proof of purchase ( receipt ) is available for viewing
- That if the product is a microwave or small appliance it must be returned to the dealer for servicing. These products, unless stated otherwise have a 12 month warranty from original date of purchase
- The provision of service under this Warranty is limited by a 25km boundary from the retailer where the product was purchased. Such travelling outside of these limits will incur commercial cost to be paid by you, regulated by the number of kilometres travelled beyond the 25km limit (50km return trip).
Nothing herein contained shall be construed in any way as excluding or limiting your rights under the Consumer Guarantees Acts 1993.
For service please contact the dealer/retailer from whom you purchased the product. If you are unable to establish the date of purchase, or the fault is not covered by this Warranty, or if the product is found to be in working order, you will be required to bear all service call charges .For returning products for refunds freight charges for returns outside Auckland area are your responsibility,
Ovens, cooktops and fixed appliances must be installed by certified electrician and certified gasfitter for gas products and certificates of compliance obtained and presented for any valid warranty claim to be processed.
Condition Of Secondhand Items Upon Sale
We do not warrant that second hand items come delivered in spotless clean condition or “as new ” condition . They may have dirt , scrapes , knocks, marks and normal wear and tear .We do try our best but we make no warranties or guarantees of the condition internal or external of any secondhand appliance. It is for this reason we highly recommend you arrange to view the item first to satisfy yourself with the condition prior to delivery .